Friday, March 30, 2007

Hope Springs Eternal

It’s amazing how you can feel like crap one day and not the next!

Making confession after 31 years (while quite frightening) wasn’t NEARLY as unpleasant as visiting the new shrink yesterday!

I did it! I took my 4-page list tonight and after attending the Stations of the Cross, I made my confession and have been welcomed back to the Catholic Church. It feels good. I’m happy that I’ll receive communion this Palm Sunday.

The slight surprise was that even though my ex-husband and I were married in a civil ceremony, I still have to get the marriage annulled. I have an appointment next month to do the paper work…a month to search this place for my marriage certificate and divorce decree. I better start looking first thing tomorrow. We have rooms upstairs with boxes of books and papers that haven’t been unpacked yet. Good luck!

The job interview this morning seemed to go fairly well. This was only a first round interview though. Now, I wait and see if I’m invited back for round two. When my interviewer expressed concern that I was somewhat over qualified for the position, I smiled unabashedly and answered, “Then just imagine how I could hit the ground running for you.” Aagh! I hate job interviews.

The great news though, is that after my interview, I came home and checked my email. I received a response from another agency – an agency with a position much better suited to me and (to be perfectly honest) an agency I have greater respect for. I was warned that they’re in the process of a reorganization, and things will not happen over night….but one of the VP’s would like to set up a preliminary meeting. Yeah!

Thank you Leila and Trish for the good wishes.

2 comments:

Leila V. said...

Better to be over qualified than under qualified!

I'm sure you'll do fine.

Lacy said...

I am too! Congrats and I hope it goes great!