Monday, March 5, 2007

F.U.B.A.R.

On Saturday, I received a piece of mail from my COBRA Administrator saying ”We have been advised by your sponsoring employer that your medical coverage will not extend to your new location… Since your COBRA continuation coverage will not extend to your new location, you may wish to cancel this coverage effective with your current paid through date of 02/28/07.”

F**king! A!

I am not the first human being to leave a job at XYZ Corp. to move to another state!!! You would think they would have it together. It has bee driving me F***ing nuts since yesterday. I want to yell at someone NOW!

Meanwhile, do they think I can just keep the more than $2111.00 I’ve sent them in premiums ?!? And perhaps send more?

Ughh.. let me see?…I can keep sending you monthly payments for no coverage?..

Humm, I just don’t know? Gee – perhaps I should just sent another check right now.

As a hypochondriac, this sets me off thinking “If I have no insurance, surely they’ll find something seriously wrong with me.”

Relief is a mere 9 hrs. away. Although getting to a live person anywhere will be challenging. I want another cigarette and another shiraz!!

2 comments:

Lacy said...

there is nothing more disturbing to me than floating in no insurance land. What if I have a case of, I dunno, something LETHAL!

Leila V. said...

At least it's a good excuse for another glass of wine and a smoke! Just try to hold off on developing the lung cancer symptoms until after your new coverage kicks in.