Saturday, April 14, 2007

Mc Nugget Hell

Just shoot me! I’m old enough to know better, but last night around midnight, I ate 20 Chicken McNuggets with some unknown quantity of ranch dressing. My excuse? I was toasted on white wine and was very hungry. I am shocked, disgusted and more than a little amazed by my own gluttony.

I was apparently burping in my sleep last night, because at some point, BF brought in a bucket. I wish I had the good sense to use it….but, N-OO. I woke up this morning at around 7:30, a whiff of McNugget still on my breath, suffering from one of the worst cases of heartburn I’ve had in a long time.

The interesting thing though, is that the epicenter of the pain was located in precisely the spot where I experience my burning mouth symptoms. My two new most likely (less fatal) diagnoses are acid reflux or burning mouth syndrome.

Mc Nuggets, BAD. Tagamet, GOOD.

2 comments:

Leila V. said...

Separated at birth. ;)

Congratulations on the new and not deadly diagnoses.

Dave B. said...

I always beat myself up when I do stuff like that. The other night I bought a bag of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and ate like eight of them in one sitting. I threw out the rest of the bag out of disgust at my lack of control. The only saving grace is that I'm at least working out still, which is some consolation.

I think the trick is to really focus on how crappy those mcnuggets made you feel the next day. Really try to hold onto that feeling in your mind so the next time you are a little weak and want to eat that crap, you'll be able to vividly recall the last time and then find the willpower to overcome the craving.

Just my thought, your mileage may vary.

Dave