Friday, April 20, 2007

A Good Evening

Oh what a beautiful day! It was up around 70 degrees F. today. I went around and picked up all the branches that were broken during last Sunday’s heavy, wet snowstorm. A lot of branches broke.

Finally, the bulbs are budding! It’s really fun this Spring, because I have no idea what was planted out there and each new green thing is a surprise. It looks like mostly pink and purple hyacinths, and chives. We have wonderful, fresh chives popping up all over the place.

This evening after dinner I went out and really hacked back on the dead wisteria that is covering an arbor that once held a grape vine. I got about 1/3 of it clipped back. This was really fun since the evening was so lovely. The sky was deep blue, blue, blue and the new moon and Venus were plainly in view as I cut. I could hear the sound of a train off in the distance and the air smelled fecund. It’s moments like that, that make my insides go all warm and squishy and make it seem all worth it.

1 comment:

Barbora said...

Rhubarb!

I've found rhubarb growing out there. About a month to go before tasty pie!