Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm SOMEBODY now!


I have my own cubicle! Yes indeed I do! And it’s a beautiful cubicle at that. I got a job! It’s an administrative/clerical position with only a very, distant connection to what I used to do…but it’s a real, honest-to-goodness, full-time job with a well-know retail outfit (where I can no longer afford to shop, BTW).

Hourly pay and benefits (health after 60 days) sound so good right now, I can hardly begin to express. I’ve been hemorrhaging $$ for the last 6 months! It will be nice to have a little bit coming in. Also, hopefully, it will get my mind off myself for part of the day at least and hopefully help get me out of my lethargic, unemployed stupor.

I’m actually kind of happy about the hourly pay thing. I get to come in at 8am and go home at 5pm! Otherwise, I’ll be paid…gulp…overtime! This was unheard of as a salaried worker in the nonprofit sector. You were EXPECTED to work all kind of crazy, ungodly hours and when came in an hour late in the morning because you at a meeting until 10pm the night before, everybody would give you the hairy eyeball.

I don’t know if this will be a forever thing for me. I just know that right now it seems like a really good fit. I might actually be able to continue blogging! Woo! Hoo! Dare to aspire!

We have two bottles of champagne in the cellar that we brought from CA. One of them is going to get opened tonight. The other is saved for the day BF finds full-time employment (consulting doesn’t count!).

2 comments:

Lacy said...

Barbora!!!! Super huge congratulations! I'm so happy for you...now, you can start going to the ER in style!.

Dave B. said...

Hurray!!!!! Good for you, Barbora! I'm going to live vicariously through your new employment until I too land a job. I hope your BF has some extra special plans for you this weekend to celebrate!

Have a great one and enjoy it while it lasts... but not too much, you do have to be in at 8:00 AM Monday. ;)

SA Dave