Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sweet Dreams


are made of THESE.

My boyfriend (BF) sent me a link this evening to Mickey Mouse Croatian Liver Paste. I scrolled down a bit to find the even better photo of “Princess Dreams” turkey rolls. I could make all sorts of comments, but why bother. The package speaks for itself. It appears, reports that one of Bernard Matthews' poultry farms was infected with Avian Flu were correct. I’m no Xenophobe but I sure would NOT go seeking meat products imported from the UK!

When we were traveling in Lithuania several years ago, BF actually ordered steak tatar from room service! It was a gorgeous presentation, complete with a single, raw quail egg on top like a maraschino cherry. It looked great, and I’ll admit that the kitchen it came from was more immaculate than ANY I’ve EVER seen in California, but still I couldn’t bring myself to taste it.

Later during the trip, we visited something called “Living Archeology Days” where traditional foods were cooked by traditional methods and served to us by locals in historic costumes. I ate what I thought was the best damn chicken I ever tasted in my life! It wasn’t overcooked. I couldn’t understand why the other U.S. tourists were pushing it aside in disgust. BF finally explained to me that it wasn’t chicken at all. It was pork! I assure anyone who EVER may read this I DO NOT HAVE TRICHINOSIS.

Note: I’ve asked “Boy Friend” to approve of or choose an appropriate pseudonym…but am getting no where with this.
He’s rejected “Alexander,” “Ptolemy,” and “Conan” and is now insisting he wants to be called “Ryan Seacrest”!! I think I’ll continue referring to him as “BF” for now.
He doesn’t even know who Ryan Seacrest is!

1 comment:

Leila V. said...

Personally, I think "BF" has a nice ring.

Mickey Mouse Liver Paste? Croatian kids must be gullible.