Sunday, February 18, 2007

More Songs About Hypochondria and Pho


I am compelled to add that my terrible experience did not scare me away from Vietnamese restaurants permanently.

About six months after my big panic, I went to another of my favorite pho spots. Above each booth was taped a hand-made sign with a picture of a smiling cow face. Each sign proclaimed, “Our Cows are not Mad.” I ordered a dish containing ONLY pork and shrimp there. Gasp!


But later, I did find a more upscale (wow, I hate that word, “upscale”) restaurant that served only Niman Ranch meats. I ate pho once again.


Barbora

1 comment:

Leila V. said...

You are a brave, brave soul! I don’t think I would ever eat red meat again, let alone Pho. I cannot believe that! Same county? Same restaurant? What are the odds…

I’ve had serious ‘bouts with both Mad Cow and Bird Flu, and the outbreaks were nowhere near me. Hell, I think I got bird flu before it even crossed the Atlantic. My diet now consists of solely pork and fish.

Those restaurants can't trick me with a smiling cow picture ;)