Monday, February 12, 2007

Hello World

I read this quote the other day and it really resonated with me, especially in the context of blogging (rather than science fiction writing as it was originally intended). I’ve been reading the blogs of other folks like me, neurotics, hypochondriacs and others who are broken (and not broken) in similar ways. I certainly hope I share their humor and intelligence.

Here’s the quote…

“Perhaps first-person writing is sympathetic because it conveys respect for the reader’s identity. The protagonist is not telling you who you are. The protagonist is just naked, saying ‘I am Robert A. Sloan, science fiction writer. That’s not just what I do, that’s who I am.’…I spend a lot of time making up affirmations, whistling in the dark.”

From Whistling In The Dark by Robert A. Sloan


So as my introduction…I’m starting this blog to simply write about what I do and who I am (regardless if anyone reads) and like Robert A. Sloan, I REALLY DO spend a lot of time making up affirmations and whistling in the dark.

1 comment:

Leila V. said...

Hi Barbora:
Nice blog! I'm looking forward to your future posts.

I think we're all broken in some ways; it's just the brave ones who can admit it.