Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Big Burp Theory

It is a good day when I can laugh at my own folly. Today was such a day.

This afternoon, while getting ready to go to Curves, I noticed a dull pain behind my left breast when I bent down to tie my shoes. I lie back on the bed, breathed deep and felt for lumps, then moved abound a bit to see if the pain changed at all. No change, it was just a dull pain. My mind raced, imagining all the possibilities.

In spite of my certain doom, I soldiered on and continued to prepare for my work out. When I finally got downstairs, I contorted a bit to get my sweatshirt hood flattened out inside my coat. Then it happed, the big burp. Instead of the cold, metallic taste of death, my mouth exploded with the taste of Diet Cherry Coke!

I wonder how many cases of breast cancer, lung cancer, stomach cancer, heart failure, etc. have been “cured” with a big burp.

Happy Fat Tuesday!

3 comments:

Leila V. said...

Good old fashion logic! A burp is much too simple.

I read your comment over at Dave's and couldn't believe you mentioned the anxiety alert system. I've been trying to create one for the last month, but my Photoshop skills aren't as good as I thought. I guess great minds think alike!

Barbora said...

Oooh, WOW, Photoshop! You're brilliant!

Images, color, music! "Anxiety: The Multimedia Experience"

If you're really good...gulp...performance art.

However you decide to do it, I'm looking forward to seeing your anxiety alert system. : )

Lacy said...

Hrmmm...for instance...I wake up in the middle of the night and my hands are swollen, bright red, puffy, and in pain, nor can I feel them. I think immediately-"this is IT! Stroke! Heart attack! Aneuryism!"

Then, I roll over off of them and the blood rushes back in, and I breathe a sigh of relief.

I am such a moron sometimes