Sunday, July 29, 2007

Kalashnikov

Last Wednesday night, BF and I walked to the nearby pub for $2.50 clam night. When went to the lady’s room there, I found a stack of brochures (in the lady’s room) from a firing range in the Poconos that rented all different kinds of fire arms and welcomed beginners.
I brought one of the brochures out to BF who exclaimed, “This is the place I was telling you about! We should go!”

After church today, we drove out to the Poconos for a fine afternoon of shooting!

I never shot a gun before in my life. They gave me the safety talk and put a .22 rifle in my hands to start. I was terrified. I was amazed when I actually hit the target it was pointing at! Seeing the bowling pin swinging on the end of the rope at the end of the range was so cool!

BF was VERY wise to move me to a larger gun quickly, or I probably would never shoot anything but a .22…ever.

I shot an AK-47! A Kalashnikov!

3 comments:

Leila V. said...

I'm sooooooo jealous. I didn't even realize that shooting ranges have AK-47's available. There's one right down the street from my house, I'll have to check it out.

Dave B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave B. said...

We got shooting ranges here in Toronto Canada too. We call them ghettos. =:-0

Dave :)