Monday, August 20, 2007

A Close Call (RE-call that is)!

Tonight BF and I were checking out at the grocery store. Things were proceeding apace until the checker came to a package of Nissan chow mein that wouldn’t scan properly. Finally he called an assistant manager over to asked the price.

“Oh, these have been recalled,” explained the assistant manager. The checker and assistant manager just stood there dumbly for a moment not knowing what to say next.

“I don’t want it,” I said.

The whole way home I though about what could have possibly contaminated the chow mein and what evil fate would have befallen me if I had consumed it.

When I couldn’t stand it any more, I had BF google on “chow mein recall.” He discovered that the SHRIMP chow mein contained…SHELLFISH!

Specifically it contained lobster and cod. Hell! I’d pay extra for lobster and cod. I suppose it could harm someone with a shellfish allergy…but if I knew I had a shellfish allergy, I’d stay away from shrimp-flavored cup-o-soup. Some imagined terrors are just that.

First the pho, then the chow mein...This was my second near-death by noodles experience! I better just stay away from the noodles.

5 comments:

Dave B. said...

Any time you come across something that's being recalled due to cross contamination with lobster, please feel free to send it my way.

Unless it's milk.

Dave :)

Tournesol said...

Hi! glad to see you are back. I have been terrible too, I started a job also. but I am going to try and do something about my blog later today, I still read everyones though. Seems as though alot of people are not blogging so much, must be summer activities. :)

Anonymous said...

I wish not approve on it. I regard as warm-hearted post. Expressly the designation attracted me to be familiar with the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I about the post should secure more info then it has.